[Libav-user] libmediascan: Undefined symbol "ff_mov_demuxer"

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:30:02 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a package for libmediascan on FreeBSD, which is
predominantly used to scan multimedia files for the Logitech Media Server.
https://github.com/andygrundman/libmediascan
https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver

After compiling and installing libmediascan, when I try to load the library
I get an error

$ perl -e 'use Media::Scan'
> Can't load
> '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.20/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so' for
> module Media::Scan: /usr/local/lib/libmediascan.so.0: Undefined symbol
> "ff_mov_demuxer" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/XSLoader.pm line 68.
>  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.20/Media/Scan.pm line 36.
> Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

I am not particularly familiar with the libmediascan code base, but the
offending part of the code that is trying to use ff_mov_demuxer seems to be
found here:
https://github.com/andygrundman/libmediascan/blob/master/src/mediascan.c#L173

Any clues as to how this should be made to work with FFmpeg? Thanks in
advance.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods