[Libav-user] Decoding H264 frames on Windows

Alex Grosu agrosu at c-s.ro
Tue Oct 4 10:08:18 EEST 2016

>> PS: can you please tell me what you ment by "do not top-post here" ?
> What have you done so far to find out?
>
> Carl Eugen
 >> I built libavcodec some time ago on Windows and I am calling the API
 >> functions from my C app. (avcodec_find_decoder, avcodec_open,
 >> avcodec_decode_video2, sws_scale). Now, having big frames with a lot of
 >> details, the time decoding increased > 55 ms, which is greater than
the time
 >> a frame should be displayed (40 ms). I have to do some threading logic
 >> programatically, using libavcodec, not from command line.

Hello
Is it better now? I think this is indeed very important, thank you for
letting me know.
Regarding the decoding h264 in a multithreadead manner, is there anyone
who can tell me if it's possible directly from libavocodec or shoud I do
some wrappers (as I orginally thought)?
I also called the function avcodec_thread_init function before
avcodec_open function, no improvement in time decoding frame, still > 50
ms.

Kind regards
Alex