[Libav-user] H264 decoding with dx11 (libavcodec)

Siddharth Bidasaria siddharth.bidasaria at citrix.com
Wed Oct 19 19:32:29 EEST 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a minimalistic example/guide for setting up dx11 hardware acceleration for h264 decoding using libavcodec

I was trying to follow the basic concepts behind this link<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-May/006600.html> (for dxva), and translating it to dx11 resources/functions. However at the moment I am doing something terribly wrong in the get_buffer2 callback and need to understand the model better to debug what I'm doing wrong (I'm new to both DirectX and ffmpeg, so it's been a steep learning curve)

If someone could point me to an existing example implementation that would be of great help and much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Sid