[Libav-user] Streaming from camera to server
s1.sam.1.93 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:56:02 EEST 2016
I am new to C++ and FFmpeg and wanted to write application that streams
video from camera (webcam at least) to some server.
I've seen StreamingGuide <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/StreamingGuide> and
wanted to know how to implement it.
I think that basic flow is like this, please correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Get input device AVInputFormat from libavdevice
2. Open that input with avformat_open_input
3. Find its streams' codecs
4. Get decoder with avcodec_find_decoder
5. Decode it somehow
6. Encode it for stream
7. Write data with muxer
8. Send muxed data to server
So I imagine how to implement the first half of this list but not the
2 questions that I have are:
1. Do I understand the streaming flow right? What are the nuances that I
must consider? What modules/methods should I look into to implement it?
2. How can I do a preview of stream in a GUI using, for example, Qt
Quick? Is an input device blocked by one of the processes (either FFmpeg or
Qt)? If it is, should I somehow copy frames for GUI to show them for user
or just reference it?
Thanks in advance!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libav-user