[Libav-user] Change the Stream Info and Codec of MP4 file using FFMPEG muxing / remuxing code

강구철 kckang at skycom.ne.kr
Thu Apr 13 03:36:44 EEST 2017

I just thought I should answer my own question, in case anyone comes across it.

The whole re-initialization of the AVCodecContext by using avcodec_free_context, av_codec_alloc_context3, and avcodec_open2 takes anywhere from 0.2 seconds to 0.8 seconds from my measurements. Doing it sequentially during the encoding loop causes the skip.

So, just do it in another thread, then swap the AVCodecContext in when done.