[Libav-user] Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 13:37:25 EET 2017

> Dear Carl,
>
> I have compiled FFMPEG from source with the following configurations:

Do you see the same isse when compiling with "./configure && make"
or "./configure --enable-gpl && make"?

> ./configure \
>   --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \
>   --pkg-config-flags="--static" \
>   --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \
>   --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \
>   --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" \
>   --bindir="$HOME/bin" \
>   --enable-gpl \
>   --enable-libass \
>   --enable-libfdk-aac \
>   --enable-libfreetype \
>   --enable-libmp3lame \
>   --enable-libopus \
>   --enable-libtheora \
>   --enable-libvorbis \
>   --enable-libvpx \
>   --enable-libx264 \
>   --enable-libx265 \
>   --enable-nonfree
>

> When I want to compile, for example, metadata.c example, I receive
>
> the following error:
>     Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This is not a sufficient problem report, backtrace,
disassembly and register dump missing.

> However, the created cli tool is working perfectly.
>

> I have also added $HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> I read your answer here that you have recommended to use
>
>  --disable-pthreads and make FFMPEG.

Not sure if there is a misunderstanding:
I suggested to test --disable-pthreads to debug an issue
reported several years ago, I did not "recommend using
it".

Carl Eugen