[Libav-user] change in x265 library??

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Mon Dec 18 02:46:47 EET 2017

Hi,

Please redirect me if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I have been using snapshot builds for the Mac of ffmpeg for the last year and have noticed a dramatic change since build 89381 (from the beginning of Dec.) I don't make the builds myself but obtain them from evermeet.cx and the developer there tells me there has been no change in his build process which sort of eliminates this from the issue.

From the mentioned build on all x265 encodes (whether 8 or 10 bit) take between 4 and 5 times longer to encode.
A not insignificant difference!
I also noticed his builds from this time on are all smaller.

So it seems that the issue might be in the mac version of the x265 library.

My questions are...
Has anyone else experienced an issue with the latest x265?
Is there a more appropriate forum where I should ask this?

Thanks for your time,

James