[Libav-user] How to use the h264_nvenc encoder instead of libx264?

Joel Ng blood_elves88 at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Feb 10 08:10:01 EET 2017

I have written an application that takes in raw yuv420 frames and
produces h264 video using libx264. It works great. However, I want to do
the encoding on the GPU instead, and I know that FFmpeg supports this
via h264_nvenc. I tried this using the FFmpeg application and it also
works great.

I don't want to call an external application to do this though. How do I
get the C code to use h264_nvenc instead of libx264? I've not seen any
code option where I can set the encoder.

Thanks,
Joel