[Libav-user] GIF API access

Gustav González xtingray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:08:28 EET 2017

Hi,

I wonder if using Libav as dependency allows me to call the functions
defined in the file libavformat/gif.c

Functions like these:

static int gif_image_write_header(AVIOContext *pb, int width, int height,
                                  int loop_count, uint32_t *palette)

static int gif_write_packet(AVFormatContext *s, AVPacket *pkt)

static int gif_write_trailer(AVFormatContext *s)

As the avconv binary allows me to create animated GIF examples from
sequences of PNG files, I guess it is accessing the GIF API, but I was
unable to trace all the route to find the top level functions I could use
to create animated GIFs from my own code.

Any sugestion? Any handy example to watch? I am still studying avconv.c but
it's a little complex to follow.

Thanks.

--
  Gustav Gonzalez