[Libav-user] event-driven av_read_frame()

paolo perotinus paoloperot at yahoo.it
Wed Jan 18 14:27:52 EET 2017

Hello. I want to grab frames from a v4l2 device in an event-driven main loop().
1) Is there a select()-like function in the libav library that gives me notification when a frame has been read, and waits otherwise?2) Alternatively, is there a way to obtain the file descriptor of the opened device (I open it with avformat_open_input() ), so I can put it in the standard select() function?3) If 2 is true, is it safe to access this fd from the main loop() or it can be shared between internal threads?
Thanks