[Libav-user] How to compile dev from source

Peter Kroon plakroon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:49:14 EEST 2017

e.g. the program below will not compile

// gcc -g test.c -o test -W -Wall -Wextra -Werror -pedantic -lavcodec
-lavformat -lavutil

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <libavutil/imgutils.h>
#include <libavutil/samplefmt.h>
#include <libavutil/timestamp.h>
#include <libavformat/avformat.h>

int main()
{
 av_register_all();
 printf("The echo..n\");
 return 0;
}

The program will copile when I install ffmpeg on FreeBSD with pkg install
ffmpeg.