[Libav-user] Exporting video with fps == 1

Gustav González xtingray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 17:11:04 EEST 2017

Hi,

Yesterday I was running some tests with the ffmpeg API using my own code
and just for fun I started to change the fps parameter of a basic video I
was playing with.

I wonder that I could low the fps parameter value until 2, but when I set
it to 1, then my little program crashed and I got this message in console:

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x480, q=2-31, 6000 kb/s, 1 tbc
*[mpeg4 @ 0x22bbc20] bitrate tolerance too small for bitrate*

So, my question is: This is a standard restriction of the API (fps must be
higher than 1) or do I have to adjust some other parameter when fps == 1 ?

Thank you for any hint.

--
  Gustav Gonzalez
  xtingray at gmail.com