[Libav-user] User-specified execute/execute2 function in mpeg2 video encoder

Gavin Smith gcs584 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 00:29:19 EEST 2017

To simplify my problem, I've modified an existing FFmpeg code sample. My modified code sample generates a .ts file containing mp2v video (no audio), but I cannot figure out why parallel encoding will not work (well, the ffmpeg library will not call back into my custom execute callback funcs).

https://pastebin.com/y1kae2fu

If you run the code sample and insert a debugger breakpoint in the custom 'execute'/'execute2' function, you will note that the user-defined functions are never called by the encoder even though parallel encoding is explicitly enabled.

Gavin.