[Libav-user] From buffer encoding

MIhajlo Jovanovic mihajlo.jovanovic at rt-rk.com
Mon May 8 15:29:36 EEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have multiple questions that I couldn't find answers for. I am hoping
that I'll get any answers here.
So, I am working on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 android platform, I have
6(!!) cameras attached on it, I have camera library
that supplies me with 30 raw 1280*720 yuv422 (UYVY) frames per sec in
vector/buffer format. I need them to convert into h.264/5 video for real
time(!!!) streaming.
1:
     Does ffmpeg supports HW acceleration for This device? I couldn't
completely find answer for that here:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro.
1.1:
     And if doesn't support HW acceleration, is it possible to achieve
real-time encoding without it.
2:
     Is it possible to encode separate frames not from file? I am asking
this because I got hard time with nonexistent appropriate documentation
doing this in MediaCodec.

I would much appreciate if got any answers before i step deeper in
ffmpeg API-s also any help or guidance too.

Best Regards.

Oljahim.