[Libav-user] DV50 to M2V Artefacts (Color Ranges)

Gavin Smith gcs584 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 13:19:56 EEST 2017

Carl, I think you have given me something to go on.
I tried both:
ffmpeg -i file.mxf -vcodec libx264 -b:v 1200k ./output.tsffmpeg -i file.mxf -vcodec mpeg2ideo -b:v 1200k ./output.ts

...and the transcoded clip was fine. I didn't need to lower the default quantizer.  I'll try write a sample application to try uncover my problem.

Gavin.