[Libav-user] Can't get MPEG4 decoder

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 03:58:33 EET 2017

> You don't need to enable codecs explicitly when you build
> ffmpeg unless you want to exclude everything else. Just
> do a build without any of the enable/disable flags

That is a very good suggestion, yes.

[...]

> First off "mov" is part of the "mp4" demuxer.

Given that configure lists the name of the demuxer as mov
and its actual name in the code starts with "mov" and
the file that contains the source code for the demuxer is
called mov.c I think it is safe to say that the "mp4"
demuxer is part of the "mov" demuxer.

> It's a slight variation of mp4 tha was developed by Apple
> before mp4 existed. It's actually what the mp4
> specification was built from.

> In avlib the MP4 demuxer is "mp4".

No, the name of the demuxer is:
"mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2"