[Libav-user] video toolbox encoder support in latest git

Steve Green steve.green at flosports.tv
Sat Sep 23 03:03:22 EEST 2017

On Sep 22, 2017, at 7:46 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> With the latest master, I’m not getting videotoolbox encoder support.  This has worked in the past but something has changed and I can’t get it working anymore.  config.log doesn’t help me and I don’t think it would be a good idea to paste it here?
>
> (It's generally required for build issues.)

Should I reply with it here or use something like pastebin?

> Please run a bisect.

As in git bisect to find the commit the changed this behavior?  I’ll start on that now.

>> $ ./configure --extra-cflags=-I/opt/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/opt/local/lib --cc=/usr/bin/clang --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-avresample --disable-sdl2 --disable-libxcb --optflags=‘'
>
> Unrelated:
> Any reason for avresample or version3?

Perhaps not. That might have been a leftover from the past or just a mistake.  I’ll confirm.

> The empty optflags do not look useful.

I wanted to disable compiler optimizations so I could step through code.  That seemed to work.

~S