[Libav-user] Decoder detects wrong framerate

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:38:10 EEST 2018

> Carl, have you seen my code?

No, I tested the sample you provided with current FFmpeg and it
shows the correct frame-rate in the console output, no matter the
number of threads, so I assume the issue is not in the decoder.

> I use nothing except libav methods, so maybe yes, there is
> something with my code, but could you be more specific?

I really don't know enough about the API to easily understand
such an issue, sorry.

> Also FFmpeg tries to determine framerate based on container
> information, while I need to detect it from bitstream. So it's
> different approaches.

If you don't want to use the demuxer (it should have no overhead),
then you probably have to copy the necessary heuristics to
guess the framerate (as said, issues with H.264 timestamps
definitely exist).

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen