[Libav-user] Facing issue in runtime linking of sws_getContext() and other APIs with latest FFMPEG releases

srinivas gudumasu srinu.try at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:26:06 EET 2018

Hi Corey,

I tried running the decode_video.c by creating a simple video decoding
application project.

I can build and run with 3.4.1 FFMPEG Zeranoe build. But I could not run
the application with latest nightly build (20180202-caaa40d). Application
is throwing the "procedure entry point could not find" error for FFMPEG
APIs.

3.4.1 build has "avcodec-57.dll, avutil-55.dll & swresample-2.dll" where as
nightly build has "avcodec-58.dll, avutil-56.dll & swresample-3.dll"

Looks like the latest nightly builds need to be linked differently when
compared to the previous stable releases like 3.4.1 or lower. I am missing
on that part.

Thanks and Regards,
Sri

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Corey Taylor <corey.taylor.fl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 9:30 PM, srinivas gudumasu <srinu.try at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Corey,
>>
>> I am using the latest nightly builds from ffmpeg  zeranoe builds.
>>

> I can only guess that swresample wasn't linked properly somehow.
>
> The build from zeranoe seems ok.
>
> corey

Srinivas G,
Aricent Pvt Ltd,