[Libav-user] Issues with avcodec_send_packet stalling

Omar Álvarez omar.alvarez at cinfo.es
Mon Nov 19 14:23:50 EET 2018

First of all, thanks for the response.

I just tested git head and current drivers, and the problem persists.

My hardware:

Intel i5-6400
Nvidia GTX 1050

Right now, I am decoding more or less like this:

while
{
    avcodec_send_packet()
    while (more_frames)
    {
         avcodec_receive_frame()
         if ( ret == AVERROR(EAGAIN) ) {
                more_frames = false;
         }
    }
}

Is this the correct way? Is there anything that could be improved?

I thought about doing send_packet() in a different thread, but not sure if
it will improve anything. Because receive frame would still have to wait
for it to finish.

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks again!