[Libav-user] libav not decrypting hls with custom IO

Arminas g.arminas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:08:54 EET 2018

Hello,

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 12:59, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > we're using libav* binded to custom IO, so it's possible to use
> > our http client instead of libav* one. I've noticed that application
> > is not even trying to decrypt HLS + AES* chunks and fails with
> > exception "Error when loading first segment".
>
> Did you test with ffmpeg (the application)?
> I believe it will not work indicating the problem is not related to
> your code, an initial patch was sent a few days ago iirc.

Yes, if I run ffmpeg -i "http://....", it is able to show metadata and
stream information about video. Using custom IO, it crashes in
avformat_open_input() function. I'm just curious when using custom IO,
should user decrypt chunks at his application level, or somehow initialise
new context for crypto module.

> Carl Eugen

Regards,
Arminas