[Libav-user] Issues seeking MKV file.

Bob Kirnum bkirnum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:17:30 EEST 2018

We use the libavformat APIs to open and read frames from various
containers.  The basics work fine for MKV.  However, we have encountered an
issue seeking forward.  It seems the index table is populated as the file
is played.  As such, the index entries beyond the current frame are not
available.  Seeking forward results in seeking to a non-key-frame.

Is there any way to force the index entry table to get completely populated
with all key-frames in the Cues section?

Thanks,
Bob