[Libav-user] Can't decode more than 5 video streams using libav+hwaccel.

Hristo Ivanov hivanov.ffmailing at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:15:49 EEST 2019

Hi.

> Is it because of NVIDIA GPUs have concurrent session limitation?

There is a session limitation for encoding for sure, but I think there is
no such thing for decoding:
https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

> By the way, I don't understand where these messages are come from. They
are just printed in my console.

Those messages are from the ffmpeg log. The ffmpeg code is full with calls
to 'av_log(void *avcl, int level, const char *fmt, ....)'.
Depending on the loglevel in use the messages are printed or ignored.
For the ffmpeg tool the '-loglevel' flag can be used to configure what
messages should be printed and what messages should not.
With the C-API, the 'av_log_set_level(int level)' function can be used to
configure the log level.
The different log levels can be seen here:

https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/group__lavu__log__constants.html

Running your program with log level verbose or maybe even debug could give
you some clue to why the creation of the 6th decoder fails.

Are the video streams 4K? My guest is you are running out of memory on the
GPU.

Regards.