[Libav-user] list all available formats of webcam

Hans, Sven Sven.Hans at dermalog.com
Wed Apr 17 16:30:36 EEST 2019

Hi Hristo,

thanks again for your support.

I tried with

avformat_open_input(&m_pFormatCtxInCam, szUrl, m_pInFrmt, nullptr)

which did not solve the issue. Same error as before.

Yes, m_pFormatCtxInCam->iformat->create_device_capabilities is nullptr in my case.

Same is the case for m_pInFrmt->create_device_capabilities.

Actually I tried the same code with

m_pInFrmt = m_pLibAvFormatWrapper->av_find_input_format(“rtsp”); and szUrl being a valid rtsp stream url. Same here.

(the stream opens successfully and I can grab and decode frames etc… all good there)

Probably I am missing some register-call…

In the link you send me for this API the first call is

avformat_alloc_output_context2<https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avformat_8h.html#a0234fa1116af3c0a72edaa08a2ba304f>(&oc, NULL<https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/coverity_8c.html#a070d2ce7b6bb7e5c05602aa8c308d0c4>, "opengl", NULL<https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/coverity_8c.html#a070d2ce7b6bb7e5c05602aa8c308d0c4>)

I am not doing this, because I am not interested in option-ranges of the output format. But there is no avformat_alloc_input_context-function, right? Or do I need to use avformat_alloc_output_context2 in my case? But then, what would be useful parameters?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Sven Hans
DERMALOG Identification Systems GmbH
Systems Engineer

Mittelweg 120 | 20148 Hamburg
Fon +49 40 413227 0

Fax +49-40-413227-40

Mail Sven.Hans at dermalog.com<mailto:Sven.Hans at dermalog.com>

Web www.dermalog.com<https://www.dermalog.com>

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to DERMALOG Identification Systems GmbH. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution or other use is prohibited.