[Libav-user] Linking with libav*

Simon Brown simon.k.brown at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:58:45 EEST 2019

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 13:25, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> "..." is the important part here as libavformat is not self-contained.
> libavutil is a requirement for all other FFmpeg libraries, libavcodec
> is also needed for libavformat.
>
> Carl Eugen
>
> Thank you Carl, yes - I am aware I needed other libraries, and had
included them, in full I've got:
lavformat, lavcodec, lavdevice, lavfilter, lavutil

However, more thanks go to Gonzalo, who hit the nail on the head.  I had
put 'extern "C"' around my header files, but then must have removed it in a
bid to try other options when I was still trying to link without the .so
libraries.  Now that extern "C" is back in place they link fine.

All solved now, thanks,

Simon