[Libav-user] Preview video and start recording with exact same stream settings

Audric Ackermann audric.ackermann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 14:29:14 EET 2019

Hi,

I think I already know the answer but I want to play UDP stream (h264 &
klv) in an android app, and be able to toggle a "recording button" to save
the data as a file with the exact same input parameters than what is sent
to be.
The only way to do this is  to decode the whole frame (to display it) and
reencode it when the button is pressed, right?

Because of the h264 I am not sure when the button is pressed I have a
keyframe already, so there is no other way than doing this way?

Thanks for this clarification,
Audric