[Libav-user] Converting AV_PIX_FMT_CUDA image (AVFrame) to AV_PIX_FMT_BGRA image

Ахмед Анам ahmedanam at mail.ru
Fri Feb 22 12:24:18 EET 2019

I have to transform AV_PIX_FMT_CUDA image to AV_PIX_FMT_BGRA image. In your code you transform AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 to AV_PIX_FMT_NV12. I tried to run your code. There are no errors but I can not display images because I need BGRA pixel format to display them. I don't understand how to get BGRA image from  AV_PIX_FMT_CUDA image.

>Четверг, 21 февраля 2019, 17:36 +03:00 от Omar Álvarez <omar.alvarez at cinfo.es>:
>
>You could try:
>
>sws_getContext(src_width, src_height, (AVPixelFormat) AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24,
>                                      src_width, src_height, (AVPixelFormat) AV_PIX_FMT_NV12,
>                                      SWS_FAST_BILINEAR, NULL, NULL, NULL);
>
>But for me it was too slow due to resizing code after the Meltdown bugs.
>El jue., 21 feb. 2019 a las 14:12, Ахмед Анам (< ahmedanam-at-mail.ru at ffmpeg.org >) escribió:
>>Hello!
>>
>>I am trying to use libav API with hardware accelaration (CUDA). I need to transform an AVFrame with AV_PIX_FMT_CUDA pixel format to the frame with AV_PIX_FMT_BGRA pixel format. I tried to create Sws_Context for this purpose (  my_sws_context = sws_getContext(width, height, AV_PIX_FMT_CUDA , width, height, AV_PIX_FMT_BGRA , SWS_BILINEAR, NULL, NULL, NULL) )  but the function always return NULL.
>>
>>What is the best way to do this? Are there some examples?
>>

>>--
>>С уважением, Ахмед Анам.

С уважением, Ахмед Анам.
Best regards, Akhmed Anam.