[Libav-user] How to changes resolution to output file.

Michael Armes michael.armes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:27:25 EET 2019

I did not find that setting bitrate had any effect in my scenarios with
mp4/mov. I had to manually control my color depth and resolution (and set
framerate) to hit my desired bitrate. I never did have to convert pixel
formats, but my read of the docs is that sws_scale can do this as long as
you set your SwsContext appropriately.