[Libav-user] Logging inside the ffmpeg h264dec.c functions

Ibrahim Radwan i.radwan1996 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:04:21 EET 2019

Hi there,
I would like to edit the decoder function of the h264 codec, in order to test what I’m doing, I’m trying to av_log anything inside this function "h264_decode_frame", and whenever I try to play any video, this function should be called (as per my understanding), but the logging doesn’t occur at all! Is there anything that could be preventing the log?
I’ve configured the debug level to be level 3 and I use AV_LOG_ERROR as the logging level for the av_log function.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim Radwan