[Libav-user] Extracting motion vectors reference frames from H264Picture struct

Ahmed Samir ASamir97 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:58:51 EEST 2019

Hi,

I want to get the motion vectors and their reference frames. Unfortunately, the extract_mvs example gives only the direction of the reference frame +/- 1 direction as described in line28<https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.0/motion__vector_8h_source.html#l00028> in the AVMotionVector struct. I had to go through the code of the H264 decoder and I concluded that I can get this information from the H264Picture struct<https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.0/structH264Picture.html> from the motion_val, ref_index and ref_pocs data fields. But it seems like my conclusion is not right because I cannot interpret the values in these fields. Any help?

Thanks