[Libav-user] Decoding memory consumption

Asaf Kave kaveasaf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 16:05:32 EEST 2019

I am developing Microsoft Media Foundation Transform , a wrapper on FFmpeg,
and my reference is Microsoft H.264 MFT .
In general the first call to *"avcodec_send_packet"* method produce around
75MB memory overhead compare to the MS decoder, and stay with this
difference during the decoding process.

I am using more then one video feed, and the out of memory becoming an
issue, so i would like to try to reduce the memory.

Can you share with me the threading configuration?

Thanks,
Asaf