[Libav-user] Transcoding frame rate mismatch

Vassilis bpantazhs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 01:15:59 EET 2019

Hi all,

I am trying simply to perform a transcoding process using the transcoding.c
example from doc/examples. However I am seeing a very strange result (even
when the example is not modified at all, ie not even changing codecs); the
transcoded file has a marginally different frame rate than the original
file. For example for a frame rate of 24 fps I get 24.14 fps. I also
implemented this with the newer av_send/receive packet/frame functions to
no avail. I would be most grateful for any insights, I've spent quite some
time trying to troubleshoot this.

Best,
Vas