[Libav-user] avcodec_receive_frame returns duplicate buffers.

Hugh Waite hughw273 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 11:51:36 EEST 2019

Thanks Devin,
Your comment about the kernel buffers makes sense as there are only 8
addresses that turn up as being reused in my debug output.
There is some memory copying going on, because I only occasionally get
duplicate buffers, even through there are 900 frames stored in my 30s
ring-buffer.

I have fixed / worked around this issue by allocating new buffers and
copying the frame contents (av_get_buffer + av_frame_copy) just after the
avcodec_receive_frame.

Regards,
Hugh