[Libav-user] Decoding with limited CPU power

Simon Brown simon.k.brown at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 01:26:46 EEST 2020

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 22:50, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Fr., 17. Apr. 2020 um 20:38 Uhr schrieb Simon Brown
> <simon.k.brown at gmail.com>:
>
> > Thanks Devin, found the right place, but finding frames to skip seems to
> be taking more CPU time.
> >
> > Is there any way of building ffmpeg libraries to a) minimize any other
> stuff that isn't being used
>
> Yes but even showing us how you compile now may help you.
>
> Did you already test the skip_frames option?
>
> Carl Eugen
>
> I use this as my command line for compiling:
gcc -o demuxdecode demuxdecode.c -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--start-group
-lavformat -lavcodec -lavdevice -lavfilter -lavutil -lswscale -lswresample
-Wl,--end-group -ldl -lm -lz -lpthread -lrt -mfpu=neon

I tried skipping frames, but then it had too many errors - I need to find
which P frames are reference frames and not skip those.

Cheers,
Simon