[Libav-user] Hard time encoding AAC (works for MP3) - what settings are needed?

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Thu Aug 27 00:02:29 EEST 2020

Den ons. 26. aug. 2020 kl. 22.35 skrev Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com
>:
>
> Am Mi., 26. Aug. 2020 um 22:01 Uhr schrieb Jesper Taxbøl <
jesper at taxboel.dk>:

> > I am struggling to make AAC encoding work with libav.
>
> (Your email is practically unreadable.)
>
> Contrary to mp3, there is no "raw" aac, you have to choose a muxer
> like adts or mov.
> (This is not 100% accurate, but like most other software, FFmpeg
> does not support reading raw aac, faad might work.)
>
> Carl Eugen

I am sorry about the confusion of my writing.

It seems I have understood some packetization wrong. Perhaps you can help
me understand.

When I run

ffmpeg -i someaudiofile.mp3 -t 3 out.aac

I was under the impression that the output would be raw aac without using a
muxer?

How do I identify the muxer used in this case?

I basically want to mimic that command from my C++ program.

Kind regards

Jesper