[Libav-user] Trouble Decoding with h264_qsv

Attila Krüpl krupl.attila at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 21:10:46 EET 2020

avcodec_decode_video2 is a deprecated function, so the success of usage
depends on what version of LibAV you are using.
If decoding is not working for you it might be worth to turn on logging
with av_log_set_level(AV_LOG_TRACE) and add an own logger callback so you
can define the output with av_log_set_callback(). Once you receive error
codes it's much simpler to configure the codec, because you can see what
the mistake is.

Best Regards,

Attila