[Libav-user] 1st segmented FLV file is always broken

MSC_Edge mczarnek at edge360.com
Tue Jan 28 20:57:58 EET 2020

Hello,

I'm recording command line ffmpeg samples using a command such as:
ffmpeg -i
rtsp://user:password@10.100.0.56/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=1280x720 -c
copy -map 0 -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1 -reset_timestamps 1 -f segment
-segment_time 20 -segment_format flv "capture-%03d.flv"

When I do, the 1st segmented file always seems broken, but the rest are
fine. They are broken when I try to play them with VLC and also when I try
to call "avformat_find_stream_info" using code.  This only seems to happen
if I both record it as flv and as segments, if I use mp4 or not as
segments.. works fine. Have tried with multiple rtsp streams, all have the
same problem.

Some interesting error message output when I call some ffmpeg functions:
avformat_find_stream_info will give me:
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] Video codec (0) is not implemented. Update your
FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it
means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file
to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing
list. (ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org)
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] Changing the codec id midstream is not implemented.
Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still
occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been
implemented.
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file
to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing
list. (ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org)
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0
(Video: h264, none): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize'
options

This error message is produced the first time I call "av_read_frame":
[flv @ 000001b767a4db40] Packet mismatch 327679 11 23017
[NULL @ 000001b767a5f5c0] missing picture in access unit with size 1592

Then every other time just spits out these error messages, one per call to
av_read_frame:
[NULL @ 000001b767a5f5c0] missing picture in access unit with size 2016
[NULL @ 000001b767a5f5c0] missing picture in access unit with size 2194
[NULL @ 000001b767a5f5c0] missing picture in access unit with size 2308