[Libav-user] Cannot find "video4linux2" format

Hamilton Tobon Mosquera htobonm at eafit.edu.co
Wed Jul 1 19:06:22 EEST 2020

Hi there,

I'm struggling to get some simple code working. I'm trying to open the
device /dev/video0 which is a camera module in a Rasperry pi. I already
set up everything. I activated the camera in the Rasperry
configurations. The module bcm2835-v4l2 is loaded. I can even record
video using the ffmpeg command. But when I use the API function
av_find_input_format("video4linux2"), it does not work. I tried with
"v4l2" and "Video4Linux2". I tried calling avformat_open_input(...,
"/dev/video0", ...) with "file:/dev/viode0" also, but none of these API
calls work. Can you please help me?, I don't know what I'm missing.

Thanks.

Hamilton.