[Libav-user] Transcoding example produces incorrect FPS

Tuukka Pasanen pasanen.tuukka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 21:12:00 EEST 2020

Hello,

I noticed that example code 'doc/examples/transcoding.c' produces in
correct FPS if it's used with MP4 container. Encoded video type doesn't
seem to be the case as I tested H264 and MPEG4 and both were nearly
identical.

With sort videos it's not much just something like 21,85 fps with 24 fps
video but longer ones can be something like 0.05 fps.

That it what ffprobe dump and when you play them they are really lagging
as they go so slow. Packets seems to be correct and it neither wise not
broken.

I don't know if this just feature or is this as bug. With ffmpeg same
source file produces correct file with correct fps.

Sincerely,

Tuukka