[Libav-user] Low-level socket hooks

Irad Cohen irad.cohen at getnexar.com
Sun Jul 12 18:39:30 EEST 2020

Hi,
I have an Android app that uses libav to demux an RTSP stream (over TCP) originating from a wifi camera.
This camera has no internet connection, so naturally Android sends all outgoing traffic on the cellular data link.
In order to route traffic through the wifi link (to be sent to the camera), there's a specific function I have to call on the underlying socket ( https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/Network#bindSocket(java.io.FileDescriptor) <https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/Network#bindSocket(java.io.FileDescriptor)> or https://developer.android.com/ndk/reference/group/networking#android_setsocknetwork <https://developer.android.com/ndk/reference/group/networking#android_setsocknetwork> ).
I cannot bind all network traffic from my process on that specific link as I still need to reach the outside world for different kinds of traffic.
My question is - does libav support some kind of a hook mechanism to allow me  do some processing on a socket file-descriptor after it is created but before it is connected? Or maybe support for delegation of socket creation to me, the user of libav, instead of calling socket(...)?
Many thanks!
Irad