[Libav-user] Limitations of native AC-3 and EAC-3 deocder

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:33:23 EEST 2020

> Am 22.07.2020 um 08:08 schrieb rohit khali <khali.rohit at gmail.com>:
>
> I do see native AC3 and EAC-3 decoders in ffmpeg.

Yes.

> I am wondering are these decoders limited in any way

You will have to define “limited” but from a quick look, no tickets are currently open concerning the (e)ac3 decoder.

> or are 1:1 mapped with decoders provided by Dolby.

I have also troubles understanding this sentence but the FFmpeg decoders were implemented independently.

Your questions make me wonder if you have read the “Warranty” and “Liability” sections in the (L)GPL: You have to agree with them if you want to use FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen