[Libav-user] build FFMPEG ubuntu 16

Richard Hussong rhussong at westpond.com
Sun Jun 7 02:45:13 EEST 2020

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 11:33 AM retep peter <retepik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a advice :) I have tried compile ffmpeg 2.8.15 from source under
> Ubuntu 16 LTS. I need compile it for one SDK, I can't use ffmpeg from
> repository. I compiled ffmpeg successfully. But I have got issues with my
> specify SDK, when I try compile my code with SDK:
>
> SDK.so: undefined reference to `av_rescale_q at LIBAVUTIL_FFMPEG_54'
>
> I suppose that issues are in symbols name. I tried read symbols with
>
> readelf -s libavutil-ffmpeg.so.54
>
> I get in my compiled ffmpeg something like this
>
>    158: 0000000000024170    55 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   12 av_rescale_q@@LIBAVUTIL_54
>
> I tried this with libavutil-ffmpeg.so.54 from repository and i get
>
>    158: 0000000000024170    55 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   12 av_rescale_q@@LIBAVUTIL_FFMPEG_54
>
> I suppose that I need add a suffix "FFMPEG" to symbols name. I use this
> configuration for build ffmpeg, it same as configuration of build from
> repository :
>
> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0ubuntu0.16.04.1 --build-suffix=-ffmpeg --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --cc=cc --cxx=g++ --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-stripping --disable-decoder=libopenjpeg --disable-decoder=libschroedinger --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzvbi --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-libzmq --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencv
>
> Could you help me how add suffix "-ffmpeg" to symbols name? Thanks

The libavxxx-ffmpeg libraries are supplied by the Ubuntu developers to
support the Ubuntu version of ffmpeg. If you build and install ffmpeg
yourself (not from the Debian ffmpeg source package), it will build the
"normal" libavxxx libraries and build ffmpeg against them, and those
libraries will be installed somewhere, by default /usr/local/lib, I
believe. I don't know for sure if libavutil.so.54 is compatible with
libavutil-ffmpeg.so.54, though it is likely that it is. If so, you may be
able to use LD_PRELOAD to load the libraries you need before running, but I
don't know if your SDK allows that, or if it would necessarily work.

- Richard