[Libav-user] Writing Audio AVPacket without resampling

sebastian.wichmann at karlsruhe-it-solutions.com sebastian.wichmann at karlsruhe-it-solutions.com
Sun Mar 22 14:23:24 EET 2020

Hello,
I'm sorry for the bad worded question. Its hard to write a question if you don't fully understand the matter.

> Since your (original) issue is "too slow":
> Did you already test with ffmpeg (the cli)?
> If it fast enough to do what you want, you should be able to do the same programmatically.
Yes the standalone application is able to record the audio and video in real time.

> Start with pcm_s16be which should be only I/O limited.
My hope is that there isn't any need for resampling at all. I'll try it in the next days.

> You didn't tell us what's in the AVPacket.
At the moment I'm just concentrating on the recorded audio. So the packet should contain audio snippets recorded by dshow.
I don’t think there is any way to have any influence on this packet.
So in my opinion I need to decode the packet and encode it again?

Another big problem for me are the pts and dts. I already tried the example code of the muxing example.
But the resulting file can't be played.

> Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here if you want support.
I hope this mail will fulfil this requirement now?
Are there any other guidelines I need to follow? Especiallyto send code snippets?

Best regards
Sebastian Wichmann