[Libav-user] Channel mapping with amerge filter

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri May 29 20:46:23 EEST 2020

Kerry Loux (12020-05-29):
> Thanks Nicholas. I was able to get it to work using the method you
> described.

Good to ear.

> Actually, I had tried it earlier, but I struggled  because I was passing
> invalid channel layouts to my src buffer filters. My mistake was that I
> expected av_get_channel_layout_string() to produce values suitable for
> passing as a "channel_layout" option to my buffer filters.

That is worrying, I think they should be compatible. Do you remember
which particular channel layout caused a problem?

But you do not need it for this case, you can just print the channel
layout as an integer.

I forgot to add:

If you need to change the order of the channels afterwards, the filter
pan is there for that.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George