[Libav-user] Channel mapping with amerge filter

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat May 30 14:13:07 EEST 2020

Kerry Loux (12020-05-29):
> Yes, AV_CH_FRONT_LEFT is an example. The returned string is something like
> "1 channels (FL)." I had to extract only the parenthetical portion in order
> to avoid an "invalid argument" error when calling avfilter_init_str().

Thanks. I just checked, and it is actually the expected behavior: the
output of av_get_channel_layout_string() is not meant to be used as
input later. The recommended way to encode a channel layout is to print
it as an integer. This is not very good design, but that is what we
have.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George