[Libav-user] Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) in ffmpeg

sebastian.wichmann at karlsruhe-it-solutions.com sebastian.wichmann at karlsruhe-it-solutions.com
Mon Oct 19 16:06:33 EEST 2020

Hello everyone,

At the moment I am using portaudio to record the microphone on windows/mac,
and its working like a charm.

Recently I noticed that there is a big echo while being in  a zoom call and
the audio is played via speaker. I only noticed it on MacOS, I am not sure
if it also happens on Windows/ Linux but this isn't the point.

At the moment I'm trying to get the project to work with ffmpeg instead of
portaudio. But I'm not sure if this is the right move.

Are there any functions in ffmpeg or compatible libraries to perform AEC?
The only library I am a ware of that is capable of AEC is webRTC from
google.

Best regards
Sebastian