[Libav-user] Libavfilter - Changing audio filter parameters during runtime C++

ilkercan Kaya canilkerkaya at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 23:54:17 EET 2021

Hi Everyone,

I am making a mobile music app where the user can add FX to current playing
music through a two dimensional pad. I am using FFmpeg, libavfilter in C++
to add FX to the audio. In FFmpeg you can create an audio filter and set it
parameters and initialize a graph.

My problem is since the user will use a FX pad to change these parameters
with their fingers I need to be able to modify these parameters during
runtime.

Looking at ffmpeg filter documentation, it says the following:

"Some options can be changed during the operation of the filter using a
command. These options are marked ’T’ on the output of ffmpeg -h filter=.
The name of the command is the name of the option and the argument is the
new value."

I looked at aecho, agate, acrusher and more but nearly all the effects I
want have 0 modifiable option which makes my FX pad nonadjustable.

Is there a way to make ffmpeg audio filters change their parameters during
runtime?

I could really use the help, thank you!