[Libav-user] Cannot remux HLS stream to MKV

Alexandr Kasyan a.kasyan at ntechlab.com
Thu Jul 8 12:39:27 EEST 2021

Carl Eugen Hoyos (12021-07-07):
> Why don't you save the hls stream as mpeg-ts and do whatever you
> want to do with it later on?

Well,
1. primarily because it's not only the hls that I want to save, using
MPEG-TS for all the other cases looks like a bad decision in my case.
2. the way mpeg-ts codec is marked "fake codec for internal purposes" also
discouraged me using the format that already didn't fit the needs
________
Regards, Alex