[Libav-user] Buffered encoded images not saved

Richard Hussong rhussong at westpond.com
Wed Mar 31 21:01:54 EEST 2021

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 4:24 PM laddoe <xyfix at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I know you guys are busy but can someone please  have a look at my
> question in the post that I did .... " Buffered encoded images not saved"
>
> thank you in advance

I think the problem is that you are not using the encoding interface
properly. After you send a frame with avcodec_send_frame, you should loop
on the result of avcodec_receive_packet until it returns AVERROR_AGAIN.
Also, when you are out of frames to encode, you need to call
avcodec_send_frame once more with a NULL frame pointer to put the encoder
in draining mode, then receive as usual. See the ffmpeg docs at
https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.0/group__lavc__encdec.html for further details.

- Richard