[Libav-user] av_read_frame errore codes

Vincenzo Valente vincenzo.valente at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:56:20 EEST 2021

Hi,
I am developing an application where It Is required to monitor the number
of  lost packets from a camera with a rtsp protocol and H264 codec.
I am using the av_read_frame and an hardware Nvidia decoder. All seems to
work but when, through a tool, drop some packets, I am not able to receive
an error from the av_read_frame of the corrupted  frame so It is not
possibile to filter the frame.
If I enable the internal logger in debug mode in the console print "max
delay reached. need to consume packet" and " RTP: missed 6 packets".
It Is possibile to receive a corrupted frame error from av_read_frame i.e.
setting an option with av_dict_set function?
Best regards.

Vincenzo